The goal of this guide is to provide communication professionals with the tools needed to ensure accurate reporting and curb any related stigma associated with COVID-19.
This guide explores topics such as:
- Best Practices for Covering COVID-19
- Pitfalls to Avoid When Reporting
- Racism, Scapegoating, and Health Outcomes
- Scientific and Medical Terms
- Misinformation and Disinformation
- Person-Centered Language
- Resources for Additional Information
This guide was collaboratively written and researched over the past six months by a diverse coalition of public health physicians, healthcare professionals, epidemiologists, scientists, social workers, journalists, communication professionals, community workers, activists, and advocates.