The S.T.A.R. Initiative enables the participation of underserved, racial and ethnic communities into...
My work includes building and maintaining collaborations between communities and stakeholders that enable improved healthcare outcomes. I am a member of the Advisory Panel on Patient Engagement and several PCORI-funded initiatives (such as CAPriCORN and PCORnet). I incorporate the mission and vision of PCORI in all engagement, planning, and relationship-building activities. Sharing the mission and vision of PCORI has provided both researchers and communities with a patient-centered framework for engagement.
• PCORI’s Assessment of Prevention, Diagnosis, and Treatment Options Funding Priority;
• PCORI’s Improving Healthcare Systems Funding Priority;
• PCORI’s Communication and Dissemination Research Funding Priority;
• PCORI’s Addressing Disparities Funding Priority;
• Health and healthcare outcomes of racial and ethnic minority groups;
• Health and healthcare outcomes of low-income groups;
• Health and healthcare outcomes of women;
• Health and healthcare outcomes of older adults (age 65 and older
The S.T.A.R. Initiative team recently participated as one of 14 finalist selected world-wide in the "Inspiring Hope" Ideathon in Boston sponsored by INC Research & CISCRP on Sept 27 & 28 to spread the importance of clinical trials for underserved communities.
I am co-founder of The PCORI-funded research training project entitled "Pastors4PCOR, Inspiring Faith-Communities in CER & PCOR", where our team developed and delivered a research training curriculum to 14 Research Ministry Ambassadors.
1 of 1 Initiative
- Geographic focus
- Time line
- Currently underway